A biography database of in-depth profiles from Current Biography and World Authors, the periodical coverage of Biography Index, and specialist content from Junior Authors & Illustrators.
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
Librarian TipsBiography Reference Bank allows you to quickly find the content you are looking for. Users can search for individuals based on any combination of occupation, activity, gender, place of origin, birthday and lifespan. Results can be limited by source type, and searchable indexes can be used to browse by biography name, document type, geographic terms and more.
This collection of original content is continuously supplemented with new biographies and updated versions of preexisting articles, giving users up-to-date information on featured subjects.
- Coverage of more than 750,000 individuals, over 90,000 of whom have an associated full-text biography
- More than 3.5 million records
- Links to more than 650,000 related full-text articles, as well as abstracts and images from thousands of periodicals
- A searchable collection of more than 35,000 images
- Substantive narrative profiles averaging 3,000 words in length