CINAHL Plus New
Database of nursing and allied health journals with additional materials that include nursing dissertations, conference proceedings, evidence-based care sheets, audiovisuals, and continuing education modules.
Alternative Name or Keywords
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
SEARCHING WITH CINAHL HEADINGS
- Synonyms, alternative spellings, and similar variations which describe the same topic are brought together under a single subject heading term (controlled vocabulary).
- Using CINAHL Headings gives you access to extra search tools:
- Tree – click the hyperlink heading to view related terms (broad or more specific)
- Scope Note – definition of the subject heading
- Explode – includes results with your selected heading plus all of its more specific terms
- Major Concept – narrow your list to documents whose major point is your chosen heading
- Subheadings – narrow the focus of your list to emphasize a particular aspect
- Click Advanced Search. Click CINAHL Headings.
- Find a heading you’re interested in and check the box beside it: “Communication Skills Training”
- Can you click “Explode”? If so, click it to add the more specific articles to your results list.
- Do you want to limit by subheading? No: Leave it alone Yes: Only check one (more if related)
- Click Search Database.
LIMITING SEARCH RESULTS
- Always use Advanced Search! You get more limit options.
- Peer Reviewed
- Published Date – last 5 years
- Other options to consider:
- Special Interest: Occupational Therapy; Physical Therapy; Home Health Care, etc.
- Age Groups
- Evidence-Based Practice