Information for entrepreneurs and researchers that includes business start-up plans, video clips, journals, business cases, and more.
Alternative Name or Keywords
ProQuest Entrepreneurship Database
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
The Entrepreneurship Database contains a unique and powerful database collection - designed to arm entrepreneurs with vital resources for developing and researching their ideas while providing valuable insight to help progress and grow their product or service.
Entrepreneurship Database gives users access to an unprecedented collection of content types together in one product:
- Video Clips - watch and listen to entrepreneurs as they give firsthand accounts of their business experiences. Featuring over 11,000 video clips - many of which contain transcripts for convenient reference and can be downloaded.
- Start-Up Plans, Templates and Forms - give users an A to Z approach to entrepreneurship as steps are laid out from concept through management. These tools also guide users through various processes and can serve as a "checklist" of items needed to secure financing.
- Journal Content - top publications relating to the practice of entrepreneurship are provided in the form of full journal runs plus selected articles with a weekly refresh from over 11,000 sources ensuring the latest information for users.
- Business Cases - a staple in the study and practice of entrepreneurship, a business case is a structured plan outlining the feasibility of an idea. Obtaining business cases can be expensive in a piecemeal fashion. In the academic setting, business cases allow professors to build or refresh the courses they teach.
- Working Papers - are "future" articles which may appear in publications months or years down the road. These "full length" versions of the author's work provide cutting-edge insight and information on the latest trends in a variety of subject areas.
- Conference Proceedings - conferences are often the first place an idea is shared prior to a person creating a working paper - these events reflect the latest in scholarly research spanning all topics. Conferences are often panel discussions and help promote innovative thought on various topics.
- Full Text Dissertations - provide insight into roads already traveled while helping to jumpstart research and exploration for an entire "thought area" through the work of others. Dissertations serve as a springboard for new research and ideas on which to build.