Journals and dissertations covering nursing, allied health, and alternative and complementary medicine.
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
Additional Vendor Information and HelpFor search tips and help resources visit: https://proquest.libguides.com/nahd/tips
OverviewNursing & Allied Health Database provides users with reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and much more. This versatile database is designed to meet the needs of researchers at healthcare facilities as well as nursing and allied health programs at academic institutions. Nursing & Allied Health Database provides abstracting and indexing for more than 1,200 titles, with over 1,050 titles in full-text, plus more than 15,700 full text dissertations representing the most rigorous scholarship in nursing and related fields.
These are the main features and content:
- Ongoing full-text access to high impact nursing journals and elite medical publications - Ongoing full-text access to high impact nursing publications including Journal of Nursing Scholarship, Journal of Emergency Nursing, and Nursing Standard (since April 2016). Core nursing journal coverage is augmented with elite medical publications such as The New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet and is easily linked to other required content. Compared to other providers, ProQuest has shorter embargoes and more full-text content.
- Diverse content aligned with student, instructor, and researcher needs - Supports end user need for diverse content with thousands of full-text dissertations unique to ProQuest covering many areas including nursing, mental health, public health, and topics related to the delivery of patient care. ProQuest amasses summary journals, conference proceedings, trade journals, books, and more into a single cross-searchable collection. These primary, secondary, and tertiary content sources cover the spectrum of nursing scholarship and give all users from undergraduates and faculty to clinicians and practitioners easy access to relevant content.
- Best practice/epidemiology - Access to evidence-based resources is as important as ever, which is why ProQuest includes thousands of evidence-based articles (systematic reviews and meta-analysis) and clinical trial records, not to mention expert opinions and findings from cohort and experimental studies.
- Clinical training videos to learn by doing - Video content is a great support tool for nursing students and instructors before entering a clinical environment. Prepping to administer patient medication or performing a geriatric assessment is a bit easier when healthcare providers have seen it done before. The Nursing and Allied Health Database includes over 1,200 video clips from MedCom covering important topics such as healthcare safety, emergency planning, checking vital signs, and many more. All MedCom video clips on the ProQuest platform are expertly indexed with summary abstracts so they are seen in relevant search results right away.Ongoing full-text access to high impact nursing journals and elite medical publications.
- Allied health
- Medical sciences
- Public health
- Mental health
- Pharmacy and pharmacology
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Physical medicine
- Gerontology and geriatrics
- Social services and welfare
- Health facilities and administration
- Nuclear medicine
- Occupational therapy
- Diagnostic imaging
- Dental hygiene