Sociological and social work research including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction, and more.
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
Additional Vendor Information and HelpFor search tips and help resources visit: https://proquest.libguides.com/sociologydatabase/tips
OverviewSociology Database covers the international literature of sociology and social work, including relevant titles from related fields such as social policy, social care, social services, social anthropology, gender studies, gerontology, social psychology and population studies. It includes hundreds of full-text scholarly journals, as well as dissertations and other sources.
Sociology Database includes
- 700 scholarly journals
- nearly 4,000 dissertations and theses
- video series from the INTELECOM Sociology Video Collection
- numerous blogs, webcasts, magazines, and trade publications to provide a rounded research experience.
- Community and mental health services
- Crisis intervention
- The family and social welfare
- Poverty and homelessness
- Professional issues in social work
- Social services in addiction
- Social work education
- Social work practice
- Violence, abuse, neglect