Open five days a week, Highlands' Hudson Library serves the area's full-time and seasonal residents with...
• The Latest Fiction and Nonfiction Best-Sellers
• Audiobooks, DVDs and Blue-Rays, Music CDs
• Current Newspapers and Magazines
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Comfortable Reading room with New Fireplace
• Large Community Space for Private and Nonprofit Groups
• Technology Assistance
• Fun Children's Play Room and StoryTimes
• Educational Computers and Tablets just for Kids
• Access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Digital Magazines
• Directions to Local Resources and Attractions
• Weekly Programs and Events
• Local History Collection
The Library will be closed Wednesday, April 29, 2015 for staff training. Please check the calendar on the home page of this website for holiday closings.
Hudson Library Book Club
This novel weaves together three stories of human love within the forested mountains and struggling small farms of southern Appalachia. The three main characters, Deanna Wolfe, Lusa Landowski, and Garnett Walker, are introverted and private individuals who have unique and strong views about their natural surroundings. Over the course of one humid summer their lives change drastically and they realize that they, like other creatures, are not solitary. This novel is in tune with April’s Topic of the Month – Our Changing World.
Reserve a copy now through our online catalog or call the library.
A discussion will occur on the last Tuesday of each month at 10:30 am. Our next discussion will be on April 28, 2015.
Just for Kids
Hudson Library has a fun and inviting kids room and library, containing a large variety of fiction and nonfiction reading materials, music cds, audiobooks, and videos for children of all ages. Stop by and visit our well-loved dragon puzzle table, use our special children's computers and tablets that are preloaded with fun and educational interactive learning materials, or check out one of our educational kits.
Children's Storytimes are held every Thursday Morning at 10:00 am and 10:40 am. Registration is not required.