- Start Date: Immediately
- Starting Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 a year
- Employment Type: Full-time
The Fontana Regional Library is a public library system serving Jackson, Macon, and Swain Counties. A staff of 65 provide educational, informational recreational services at six member libraries in the three county region. Fontana is located the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina and is home to numerous outdoor activities including whitewater sports, mountain biking, and hiking. The area has a wide variety of cultural, arts, and historical attractions and events. This location is an hour from Asheville shopping and airport and is home to Southwestern Community College and Western Carolina University.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Fontana is seeking a full-time qualified professional to serve as part of the Library’s management team. The purpose of this job is to manage the accounting, financial reporting and financial data analysis for Fontana Regional Library. This position works under administrative supervision, developing and implementing programs within organizational policies and reports major activities to the Director of Fontana Regional Library and Board of Trustees of Fontana Regional Library.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Manages the accounting, financial reporting, and data analyses for the Library’s finances.
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of the Library’s financial operations.
- Executes financial analyses, financial reporting, and the annual financial and compliance audits.
- Monitors, reviews, updates and develops accounting processes and procedures using best practices ensuring sound internal controls.
- Provide guidance and training to accounting and library staff as required.
- Works closely with external auditors in preparation and completion of the annual financial audit and compliance audit.
- Performs monthly operating account reconciliation.
- Develops and manages regional library budget.
- Attends Regional Library Board of Trustees meetings, reports on financial operations, recommends policies and budget amendments, and serves as fiscal officer to the Board.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates any assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules of any assigned staff; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or related field with two (2) years of experience in accounting; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in governmental accounting, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CFGM), or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO).
SALARY RANGE is $45,000-$55,000 plus a generous benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, local government retirement plan, 401(k) program, and employee assistance program.
AVAILABLE: May 2022
TO APPLY: Download and complete the Fontana Regional Library Employment Application. Send the application, along with a cover letter and résumé to the contact listed below.
Fontana Regional Library
33 Fryemont Street
Bryson City, NC 28713
For questions about the position, contact Karen Wallace at (828) 524-3600 or at email@example.com.
Headquarters is a member of Fontana Regional Library, serving Jackson, Macon, and Swain Counties.
Fontana Regional Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law. While the Library is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.