Free Streaming Video
Fontana Regional Library offers access to streaming videos for all ages, for a variety of devices, and from a variety of sources.
Each library card user is issued 10 play-credits a month. After using a play-credit, you can watch a film as many times as you'd like in a 3 day period. Teachers & Educators can also show Kanopy videos to their classes without concern. Kanopy videos can be watched in a group forum, as long as it's not for commercial benefit.
To start streaming from Kanopy:
- Sign up for a Kanopy account or login with with your Facebook or Google account at fontanalib.kanopystreaming.com
- Add your library card to your account. If you are not prompted to enter your information right away, look for the caution icon in the top-right and click the link to "Update your library card." You'll need your:
- Library Card Number (found on the back of your card)
- Library Password/PIN (this is the number or password you use to login to your online library account in the Online Catalog. If you need assistance or need your PIN reset, please call or visit your library.)
- Start Streaming! You can find videos by subject or search to filter by filmmakers, date, language, captioning and more.
Kanopy Kids highlights films and TV series that help children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos. We’ve partnered with Common Sense Media™ to provide developmentally appropriate age ratings for videos on Kanopy Kids.
Parental Controls Keep Kids Safe
In addition to Common Sense Media’s developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings, Kanopy Kids features parental controls to help keep kids safe. Our main catalog is inaccessible in Kanopy Kids—viewers will need to exit Kanopy Kids to watch any videos meant for viewers aged 12+. As an optional layer of protection, parents can create a 4-digit PIN to ensure that kids only have access to age-appropriate videos.
Find out more about Kanopy Kids.
To access Kanopy Kids, first login to Kanopy then click on the "KIDS" button in the top right of the page.
Visit the Kanopy Help Center or contact your local library for assistance. Kanopy can be accessed on your computer in your web browser or the Kanopy App app is available for: