The site includes population, economic, and income data as well as county profiles and rankings.
how_to_reg Creating an account
Some resources and databases allow you to create an account to store progress or research information. When creating accounts for library resources & databases, please be sure to select "Fontana Regional Library" if prompted to select a library.
Additional Vendor Information and Help
OverviewThe State Data Center is a consortium of agencies cooperating with the US Bureau of the Census to provide the public with data about the state and its component geographic areas. The SDC lead agency is located in the Demographic and Economic Analysis Section of OSBM, where it provides extensive resources for retrieving statistical information. Three state-level coordinating agencies work closely with the lead agency:
- State Library of North Carolina - Answers data requests from State Data Center affiliates, state and local government agencies, and the public. Provides training for LINC and other data retrieval tools.
- Odum Institute for Research in Social Science - Serves the research needs of the academic community for large datasets
- Center for Geographic Information and Analysis - Provides custom services using geospatial data
- Local Affiliates -- Seventeen regional affiliates, ten public libraries, and six associated agencies serve data users in their service area. Seven academic affiliates offer specific subject expertise, such as agriculture and economics.
- NC Census Data
- State comparison data
- State Government Statistical Contacts
- Statistical Publications