Are you looking for a job? Do you need help with your job search, resume writing, or interviewing skills?
Your local NCWorks Career Center can assist you with all of those things and more in November and December In Macon and Swain Counties and starting in January in Jackson County. Appointments are required for employment assistance. Please call the Marianna Black Library to make an appointment in Bryson City at 828-488-3030, Macon County Public Library to make an appointment in Franklin at 828-524-3600, or NCWorks to make an appoitment in Highlands at 828-369-9534. You can make an appointment in Sylva with the Jackson County Public Library at 828-586-2016.
In November and December, on the first and third Fridays, a Career Advisor from NCWorks Career Center will be at Marianna Black Library in Byrson City, Macon County Public Library in Franklin, and Hudson Library in Highlands to assist job seekers with their job search efforts. Assistance filling out job applications, creating professional resumes, and preparing for interviews will be provided. Starting January 8th. Jackson County Public Library in Sylva will host employment assistance sessions by appointment.
- Friday, November 6 from 2-4pm in Highlands & Franklin, 1-4pm in Bryson City
- Friday, November 20 from 2-4pm in Highlands & Franklin, 1-4pm in Bryson City
- Friday, December 4 from 2-4pm in Highlands & Franklin, 1-4pm in Bryson City
- Friday, December 18 from 2-4pm in Highlands & Franklin, 1-4pm in Bryson City
- Friday, January 8 from 1:30-3pm in Sylva
- Friday, February 5 from 1:30-3pm in Sylva
- Friday. March 5 from 1:30-3pm in Sylva
- Friday, April 2 from 1:30-3pm in Sylva
- Friday, May 7 from 1:30-3pm in Sylva
Can’t make it to the Library on Friday? In Swain County, stop by the Swain County NCWorks Career Center, located in the County Administration Building at 101 Mitchell Street. The Career Center is open on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30am – 4:30pm (closed 12:00 – 1:00pm for lunch). You can reach the Swain County NCWorks Career Center at (828)488-2149.
NCWorks Career Center- Macon County is located at 5 West Main Street, Franklin and is open Monday-Thursday 8:30am - 5pm and Friday 8:30am - noon. You can reach the Macon County NCWorks Center at (828)369-9534.
For more information, please call your library